From the 6th April the new tax year starts meaning returns relating to 22/23 can be submitted.

Who must send a tax return ? 

  • Self employed earning more than £1,000
  • Partner in a business partnership
  • Earnings of over £100,000

You may also need to submit a tax return if you had untaxed income such as

  • Money from renting out property
  • Tips and commission
  • income from savings, investments and dividends
  • Foreign income


If you would like personal tax advise and support contact the office by phone or email click here to see how we can help.

Where you have self employed trading income of over £1,000 but no expenses you can claim trading income allowance to reduce profit by £1,000